Last time they met
Round 6, 2018 - Western Bulldogs 11.14.80 defeated Carlton 8.11.59
- Cripps and Bontempelli led their respective sides in what was a good showing
- Caleb Daniel played on Simmo and did a great job in shutting him down
- Zac Fisher 28 possessions
- Poor skills cost us this game in the 2nd and 3rd quarters
What I’m excited about
- Back in Melbourne and in clean conditions, Charlie and Harry continue to show small glimpses of what will be an exciting forward tandem. The more games they play together, the better our club will be.
- The form of Samo, who has had a good patch and is getting more of the ball.
- Cripps V Bontempelli - both stars in their own right, and I’d love to see them go head to head again.
- The omission of our poor performers from the round 21
- The dogs are also out of finals contention, so it’s all about playing for pride
What I’m nervous about
- The skill errors that we are still displaying after 21 rounds
- If the dogs put their relentless pressure on, I fear that our players will go into their shells
- Seeing players go stateless in quarters
- The dogs are in their second upward trend of the season and we are playing them at the peak of their form for 2018
Predicted Team Selection
IN - Jacob Weitering | Tom De Koning | Aaron Mullett
OUT - Nick Graham | Jack Silvagni | Cameron Polson
Looking forward to seeing Jacob back in the side and (hopefully) the debut of young Tom De Koning who has taken some good steps in the VFL this year. Mullett comes in purely due to the poor form of Nick Graham.
Nick Graham was so disappointing against the Dockers and I’m still burning at some of his efforts.
Jack and Cameron were both stateless at quarter time, so that goes without saying.
*I didn’t see any of the VFL side play