Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
This contest is for anyone in any Scorum domain and is designed to give everyone something fun to write about every week with a guaranteed minimum upvote income that you can count on. There are always fails and goofs in sports, so even if you have nothing else to write about you can find a subject for a Happy Moan-Day blog. Although this contest does have solid prizes, it is not about winning the contest and collecting the SCR it is about writing a steady weekly blog that will provide you with a constant and steady income stream. It is also about having fun, most people enjoy a chuckle about a funny fail, how many of us can help but laugh when someone slips and falls? In sports such gaffes can provide grounds for a funny blog as long as no one was seriously injured. Upset losses seem to be the easiest targets for Moan-Day blogs followed by managers, coaches and players who were released or who have otherwise lost their jobs. While not always funny it can be easier for the victim to take when a little light-hearted ribbing is applied, especially when followed by some timely words of encouragement or advice.
What kind of effort will it take for Scorum to become a success and for each of us to be successful on Scorum?
Athletes put in hours of time training, working out, watching their diets, and learning their sport with just the hopes of one day being a part of a winning team. Most of that work is done before they ever play their first game, once the season starts then it is all about maintaining peak efficiency and giving consistent effort. Scorum is like a sports team that is still undergoing pre-season training. Our coaches are still putting in the plays and determining a winning strategy for the future.
Like any team, we have already had casualties and we need replacements for those that decided to seek other opportunities, those who were injured, and those who quit when the going got tough. No team has ever won a championship without first having to overcome adversities and trials, we are working our way through some of those things here on Scorum right now.
Only time will tell whether we come together as a team and will ourselves to victory, or whether we give up the fight and accept defeat before we even play the first game. In my mind this season doesn't begin until we are out of this bear market and well into the next phase of crypto and blockchain adoption.
I basically told Vlad a couple of weeks ago to "Put me in coach, I'm ready to play!" Some of you might get tired of my constant pep talks and attempts to bring our team together around some common goals, but I'm in this game to win and I'm convinced that we possess the tools and the coaches to get us into that winners circle. Let's get these warm-ups over with, I'm ready to get this game underway!
All Happy Moan-Day Contest qualifying entries will receive a 35% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 100 SCR. I'm increasing the payout due to an increase in support, thank's to everyone who supports this contest!
1st place will receive 50 SCR
2nd place will receive 30 SCR
3rd place will receive 20 SCR
In addition we still have 80 SCR remaining from the Freaky Friday contest that was set aside to be given out as 5 SCR consolation prizes to any Happy Moan-Day entry that does not finish in the top three. This means that for as long as the Freaky SCR lasts you can't lose when you enter the Happy Moan-Day contest, every qualifying entry will be a winner!
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will upvote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links.
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 but no more than 2,000 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and upvote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
- You may enter this contest using any language, just post your blog in the native domain and provide links as stated above. Just know that I will be using a translator in order to read and judge your entry which may affect my ability to properly and fairly do so depending on the accuracy of the translator that I use
Notes on Judging the Contest
Several factors go into judging the Happy Moan-Day blogs, here are a few of them.
- The blog is unique and engaging, it keeps the readers interest.
- The blog is fun and light hearted, it leaves the reader with a smile on their face.
- The reader learns something about the subject from reading the blog.
- The advice or quotes at the end are appropriate and helpful to the subject of the blog.
- While all of the words in the blog will count toward qualification, only those words that actually add to the story are used for judging, fluff words are ignored for this part of the contest.
- Spelling and grammar are not directly judged in the contest, but readability is. If the judge can't read or make sense of the story then it is hard to judge it's quality.
Tiebreakers include how many of the other contest blogs you read and support and your overall engagement and activity on Scorum. The goal of this contest is to help support and build good blogging members that will in turn help build and grow the Scorum Platform. In a close decision the contestant that appears most active on Scorum will usually get the nod from the judge or judges. If there is nothing else to clearly set one entry apart from another, then the judge or judges will be looking for anything that the contestants have done recently to boost Scorum or help another blogger.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
Here Are The Winners Of Last Week's Contest!
First Place and Winner of 50 SCR plus 10 extra SCR because there was no Third Place Winner so I split the extra prize reward between the two entrants.
First Place Entry: "Happy Moan Day - Hopes For A Double Went Down The Sewer. hi"
Second Place and Winner of 30 SCR plus 10 extra SCR
Second Place Entry: "Happy Moanday As Mbappe Loses European Golden Boot To Messi"
*** Congratulations To This Week's Winners! ***
Thank you all for your continued support of the Happy Moan-Day Contest
In the following video Ivan on Tech is talking about the new EOS updates, but that is not the part I want for you to hear. He starts off talking about having basically a hardware wallet to sign in to all of your online sites, really cool tech coming out that will only help mass adoption of blockchain technology. Also keep in mind that because Scorum is operating on a Graphene blockchain we have a very close relationship with both EOS and the Steem blockchains and all of the apps that are being built on them. I think it highly likely that there will be collaboration at some point in the future.