Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
This contest is for anyone in any Scorum domain and is designed to give everyone something fun to write about every week with a guaranteed minimum upvote income that you can count on. There are always fails and goofs in sports, so even if you have nothing else to write about you can find a subject for a Happy Moan-Day blog. Although this contest does have solid prizes, it is not about winning the contest and collecting the SCR it is about writing a steady weekly blog that will provide you with a constant and steady income stream. It is also about having fun, most people enjoy a chuckle about a funny fail, how many of us can help but laugh when someone slips and falls? In sports such gaffes can provide grounds for a funny blog as long as no one was seriously injured. Upset losses seem to be the easiest targets for Moan-Day blogs followed by managers, coaches and players who were released or who have otherwise lost their jobs. While not always funny it can be easier for the victim to take when a little light-hearted ribbing is applied, especially when followed by some timely words of encouragement or advice.
We are suffering from some massive flooding in our area of the world this week so naturally I thought of extreme water sports for our topic for this wonderful Happy Moan-day week.
White water sports are so interesting because they usually start out in a slow easy flowing river or stream allowing a person to relax and feel at ease with life. But soon you can hear the roaring sound of rushing water ahead of you and the calm easy flow perceptively begins to speed up. That is when you get that first shot of adrenaline as your body prepares itself for an intense rush and a heart pounding ride through one set of rapids after another.
That is the way that I'm feeling right now about the crypto markets! For two years it has been like smooth easy flowing water with a small group of tourists and children in the crypto space, but now all of faint hearted and kids have left the water and are making their way back to their vehicles and normal boring 9-5 lives. Everyone who couldn't handle the rapids ahead and the wild ride ahead on this crypto river are gone, now all that are left are the serious thrill seekers waiting to see what is just around the next bend in the river. That river is the flow of money into blockchain technology and the exchange of droplets (encrypted bits of cryptocurrencies) on the open market, and I can now hear the sound of the rapids just ahead. I am expecting a fast dangerous ride full surprises, dips and turns, and of obstacles and danger of many different sorts. To be sure there will be some accidents, some injuries, and possibly even some cryptocurrency deaths. But be sure of one thing, this is going to be one exciting ride that is sure to climax into an emotional profit filled ending for many a wise, or lucky investors.
All Happy Moan-Day Contest qualifying entries will receive a minimum of a 35% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 100 SCR!
1st place will receive 50 SCR
2nd place will receive 30 SCR
3rd place will receive 20 SCR
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will up-vote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 but no more than 2,000 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and up-vote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
- You may enter this contest using any language, just post your blog in the native domain and provide links as stated above. Just know that I will be using a translator in order to read and judge your entry which may affect my ability to properly and fairly do so depending on the accuracy of the translator that I use.
- The first three entries posted by different account holders and that meet all of the above requirements will receive 100% up-votes. The next two qualifying entries by any account holder will receive 50% up-votes and all subsequent entries will receive 35% up-votes. You are free to post multiple entries but each new entry must cover a different sport to add a little variety to the contest.
- You may post your blog translated into as many languages as you like but the qualifying word count will be done in English and only one translation will be used for the word count. So if your entry is posted in another language, even if on a domain other than the English Domain, then I will use an automatic translator in order to convert it to English in order to do the qualifying word count.
Notes on Judging the Contest
Several factors go into judging the Happy Moan-Day blogs, here are a few of them.
- The blog is unique and engaging, it keeps the readers interest.
- The blog is fun and light hearted, it leaves the reader with a smile on their face.
- The reader learns something about the subject from reading the blog.
- The advice or quotes at the end are appropriate and helpful to the subject of the blog.
- While all of the words in the blog will count toward qualification, only those words that actually add to the story are used for judging, fluff words are ignored for this part of the contest.
- Spelling and grammar are not directly judged in the contest, but readability is. If the judge can't read or make sense of the story then it is hard to judge it's quality.
Tiebreakers include how many of the other contest blogs you read and support and your overall engagement and activity on Scorum. The goal of this contest is to help support and build good blogging members that will in turn help build and grow the Scorum Platform. In a close decision the contestant that appears most active on Scorum will usually get the nod from the judge or judges. If there is nothing else to clearly set one entry apart from another, then the judge or judges will be looking for anything that the contestants have done recently to boost Scorum or help another blogger.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
**Winners Of Last Week's Happy Moan-Day Contest**
First Place and Winner of 50 SCR, Plus A 10 SCR Share Of Third Place
Second Place And Winner Of 30 SCR, Plus A 10 SCR Share Of Third Place
Second Place Entry: "Happy Moan day Manchester City, Next Time You Capitalize on Your Chances"
Thanks to everyone for your continued support of the Happy Moan-Day contest
This Weeks Featured Video: