Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
This contest is for anyone in any Scorum domain and is designed to give everyone something fun to write about every week with a guaranteed minimum upvote income that you can count on. There are always fails and goofs in sports, so even if you have nothing else to write about you can find a subject for a Happy Moan-Day blog. Although this contest does have solid prizes, it is not about winning the contest and collecting the SCR it is about writing a steady weekly blog that will provide you with a constant and steady income stream. It is also about having fun, most people enjoy a chuckle about a funny fail, how many of us can help but laugh when someone slips and falls? In sports such gaffes can provide grounds for a funny blog as long as no one was seriously injured. Upset losses seem to be the easiest targets for Moan-Day blogs followed by managers, coaches and players who were released or who have otherwise lost their jobs. While not always funny it can be easier for the victim to take when a little light-hearted ribbing is applied, especially when followed by some timely words of encouragement or advice.
I really enjoy deep sea fishing, I love to be on a big fishing boat out on the open water and I love the fight when you have a big fish on the line. I can not afford my own boat and I have not been able to hire a charter boat in years. But I still remember fondly my younger carefree days when I spent a lot of time fishing off the Coast of California and some time fishing on the East Coast in Chesapeake bay also. These were some really good times in my life and it was there that I grew to enjoy being out on the ocean, which directly lead to my first career choice in the United States Navy.
Lately I have been seeing signs of a different kind of fishing. I have been seeing investors dropping lines deep down where the low cap altcoins like Scorum live. Every once in a while I'll see some coin that has had no movement in a long time suddenly pump up 50-100% which is really cool. Are these investors fishing to see if that coin will catch a bid so that they can sell for a nice gain? Or are they a current investor trying to create some attention? Or maybe they truly are a new investor taking a position for the long term on an interesting project. It's almost impossible to know for sure why these seemingly random coins pump occasionally, but my point here is not about the whys. It is the fact that I have not seen any of this since the last bull run, but I'm seeing it again now. Do any of you remember the days when we would start to see some nibbling around an altcoin with little bumps in the price, and then suddenly it would just take off and skyrocket in price like a big fish taking live bait? Well I'm hoping that what we have been seeing here lately is an indication that we are nearing a return of those almost forgotten days and that soon our ship is going to come in!
All Happy Moan-Day Contest qualifying entries will receive a minimum of a 35% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 100 SCR!
1st place will receive 50 SCR
2nd place will receive 30 SCR
3rd place will receive 20 SCR
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will up-vote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 but no more than 2,000 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and up-vote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
- You may enter this contest using any language, just post your blog in the native domain and provide links as stated above. Just know that I will be using a translator in order to read and judge your entry which may affect my ability to properly and fairly do so depending on the accuracy of the translator that I use.
- The first three entries posted by different account holders and that meet all of the above requirements will receive 100% up-votes. The next two qualifying entries by any account holder will receive 50% up-votes and all subsequent entries will receive 35% up-votes. You are free to post multiple entries but each new entry must cover a different sport to add a little variety to the contest.
- You may post your blog translated into as many languages as you like but the qualifying word count will be done in English and only one translation will be used for the word count. So if your entry is posted in another language, even if on a domain other than the English Domain, then I will use an automatic translator in order to convert it to English in order to do the qualifying word count.
Notes on Judging the Contest
Several factors go into judging the Happy Moan-Day blogs, here are a few of them.
- The blog is unique and engaging, it keeps the readers interest.
- The blog is fun and light hearted, it leaves the reader with a smile on their face.
- The reader learns something about the subject from reading the blog.
- The advice or quotes at the end are appropriate and helpful to the subject of the blog.
- While all of the words in the blog will count toward qualification, only those words that actually add to the story are used for judging, fluff words are ignored for this part of the contest.
- Spelling and grammar are not directly judged in the contest, but readability is. If the judge can't read or make sense of the story then it is hard to judge it's quality.
Tiebreakers include how many of the other contest blogs you read and support and your overall engagement and activity on Scorum. The goal of this contest is to help support and build good blogging members that will in turn help build and grow the Scorum Platform. In a close decision the contestant that appears most active on Scorum will usually get the nod from the judge or judges. If there is nothing else to clearly set one entry apart from another, then the judge or judges will be looking for anything that the contestants have done recently to boost Scorum or help another blogger.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
**Winners Of Last Week's Happy Moan-Day Contest**
First Place and Winner of 50 SCR, Plus a 10 SCR Share of Third Place
Winning Entry: "Happy Moan day Newcastle, The Gunners Were Fully Loaded"
Second Place and Winner of 30 SCR plus a 10 SCR share of Third Place
Second Place Entry: "Happy Moan Day - Moussa Marega Turns Victim Of Racist Abuse."
Thanks to everyone for your continued support of the Happy Moan-Day contest