Napoli's revolutionary clash with Arsenal was of great importance. For both clubs, the European League is the last chance to win any trophy this season. For the "Canoniers" the additional motivation to win this competition is that they are still not sure of their place in the Top 4 and we may not see them in the Champions League next season. The two-frame advantage from the first match did not give them complete peace of mind in the revenge.


Napoli: Meret- Ghoulam (71' Rui), Koulibaly, Chiriches, Maksimović (46' Mertens)- Zieliński, Ruiz, Allan, Callejon- Milik, Insigne (61' Younes)

Arsenal: Cech- Monreal, Koscielny, Sokratis- Kolasinac, Xhaka (61' Elneny), Torreira, Maitland-Niles, Ramsey (34' Mkhitaryan)- Aubameyang, Lacazette (68' Iwobi)

From the very beginning we had a lot of fighting in the middle of the field. The players were fouled every now and then and then and it was hard to see the synthesis of the action. None of the parties could dominate the rival. The first goalkeeping opportunity was developed by the players from Vesuvius. Koulibaly picked up the ball in the vicinity of his own penalty area and, like a tank, rushed through half the field. Instead of finishing the action on his own, he gave it to Callejon, who hit the Guild straight.

After this situation, the stands in San Paolo were revived. As time passed, Napoli gained more and more advantage, and fans remembered Arek Milik. First, he sent the ball to the net with a beautiful lob, but the referee noticed in this situation burnt. A few minutes later he got a football match straight to his nose from Zielinski, but his hit was pointless. Including Callejon's unused situation, it could already have been 2:0.

However, it is not worth mentioning what Alexandre Lacazette made clear to me in the 36th minute. The Frenchman made a free kick and hit the football team just perfectly. There was power and precision in that shot. Meret could only stand and admire. After the mines of Carlo Ancelotti's charges, one could conclude that they were already reconciled with falling off. Reversing the fate of this two-man game bordered on a miracle.

The referee added four minutes to the first half, during which nothing interesting happened. The hosts were bouncing off the tightly set defense of the "Canoniers" who calmly waited for the development of events and counted on the counter. Unused situations take revenge, which we had proof of in the first part of the match.

From the beginning of the second half it was Napoli who played the game, but it did not result in even the slightest threat under the gate of the Feature. Every action of the Neapolitans looked very similar. One of the defenders sent a long pass to Callejon, who then improperly crossed the football pitch into the penalty area and the game was resumed from under the goal. The fans gathered in San Paolo could not watch their favorites play and started whistling. Frustration among the players of Naples was growing, which could be seen after the departure of Lorenzo Insigne. The offended Italian kicked every bottle that rolled up on his leg.

By the 70th minute, Unai Emery had used all possible changes, knowing that his charges were not so capable as to squander so much of his advantage. The hosts continued to create the impression of a good game. By 80 minutes for 11 shots, they've only fired three accurate shots. Surely they would like to hear the final whistle themselves.

During the three counted minutes nothing interesting happened anymore. Arsenal was a more effective and better organized defensive team. The hosts didn't take advantage of some great opportunities. The Arsenal are preparing for the semi-finals, and Napoli has only a few league matches left.