The carabao Cup second-leg semifinal match between two London rivals Chelsea and Tottenham Hotspurs took place this evening as both teams via for a place in the finals of the carabao cup at Wembley come next month. Chelsea had in the first leg of the semi-finals taken a front foot into the finals with a two-goal lead going into the second leg away at White Hart Lane. Both managers from the team selection have shown seriousness with the competition filling their strongest possible side. The game started from where it ended in the first leg with Chelsea dominating in possession in all area of the pitch. Tottenham kept narrow and try to press Chelsea on counter attack but the midfield maestro of Jorginho and Kovacic one on one touch in the heart of the midfield often the stabilized Tottenham ability to press forward. With so much high intensity and pressing from both teams, Chelsea went ahead through a fine corner kick from Mason Mount met Antonio by Rudiger who nodded past keeper to stretch their lead further to 3-0 aggregate. The last moment of the first half ended with a VAR review of a tackle made by Rudiger which seems to have been a penalty but the VAR assistant ref confirmed that the foul actually happened at the edge of the 18-yard box. I big relief from Chelsea and disappointment for Tottenham that made nothing out of the free kick.

The second half started pretty well with Tottenham pressuring Chelsea. At 55 minutes VAR was called upon for a second look at another penalty claim by Tottenham for Kepa's sloppy mistake inside the box against Lucas Moura but was overturned. However, Tottenham players effort was rewarded with a goal from Harry Kane through Lucas Moura that was later disallowed for offside by VAR again. It's seems Tottenham was on the black book of VAR as the home team fans expressed their anger.

The rest of the second half finished with both team making a lot of substitutions to rest players. Tottenham dominated the last quarter of the game but a brief stop for a health issue concerned among the spectators meant the game was paused for almost 6 minutes. On resumption both teams saw of the game time at 1-0 at in favour of Chelsea. Chelsea right now are in the final of this year carabao cup for the 9th times in their history.