Soccer / getafe

bpteam
Eibar v Getafe - LaLiga
Tonight we travel to Spain, more specifically to Estadio Municipal de Ipurua in Eibar, where we will check the match between Eibar and Getafe in the 24th round of LaLiga. Eibar are currently 10th in the league with a 7-9-7 record and 2-2-1 record in their last 5 league games. In the course of those 5 games, Eibar lost to Barcelona (3:0) on January 13th, but then went on to win against Espanyol (3:0), Girona (3:0) and played a draw against Leganes (2:2) and most recently against Sevilla (2:2). Looking at their most recent match against Sevilla, it was a match which to be fair should be won by Eibar. The opener was scored in the 22nd minute by Orellana who got his team a lead against heavily favorized Sevilla who did not manage to create a single shot on goal for the first 45 minutes. With no other goals in the first half and the scoreboard showing 0:1, the teams went into the 2nd half, which proved to be extremely interesting. After conceding a goal in the 1st half, Sevilla seemingly woke up and managed to outplay Eibar in all aspects of the game. They had 63% ball possession, 8 goal attempts and even managed to shot on goal 4 times. On the other side, Eibar had to settle with 37% ball possession, however, still managed to create 4 opportunities and 2 shots on goal. As the match continued, we saw Eibar scoring their 2nd goal in the 63rd minute. With only 27 minutes to go in the match, it all seemed Eibar were going to walk away with all 3 points. This became that much more believable when Sevilla received a red card in the 84th minute, but then it all came crashing down in the 88th minute when Ben Yedder scored the first goal of the match for Sevilla. While it did not look like anything would change, Sevilla scored another goal in the dying moments of the match (90'+2). The most painful part of it being that they managed to do it with only 10 players in the last minute of added time. That goal levelled the match at 2:2, which was also the final score. The visiting side, Getafe are currently 5th in the league with an overall record of 9-8-6 and a 2-1-2 record in their last 5 games. In the course of those 5 games, Getafe managed to defeat Valencia in Copa del Rey (1:0) and Celta Vigo (3:1), however, failed to do the same against Levante (0:0), Atl. Madrid (2:0) and Valencia in a rematch (3:1). Their most recent match against Celta Vigo was basically decided in the 37th minute when Celta Vigo lost a player due to a red card. Despite the fact Celta Vigo were leading from the 2nd minute, the player advantage of Getafe was enough for them to score 3 goals and ultimately win the match. With a win, Getafe managed to end their 3 games winless streak, however, we must ask ourselves how valuable is a win against Celta Vigo who had a player less and manages to score a goal in a road game. Not very valuable if you ask me. Looking at how Eibar is playing at home, they have won 2 games in row with an impressive score of 3:0. While it's true it was against Girona and Espanyol, who are not among the best teams in the league, it's the morale boost and great form of Charles, who scored 3 goals in those two games that is the main product of those matches ahead of the clash with Girona. Getafe on the other side were not too impressive in their recent fixtures. In their away games, Getafe has not won a match in the last 4 and only won 2 in the last 10 away games. This will mark the 2nd time these two teams face each other this season. The last time they met was in the 2nd round of LaLiga in Getafe, where the final score showed 2:0. The result did not reflect the real picture of how the match went, as Eibar had more ball possession (64%), and more goal attempts (9) compared to Getafe (7), however, they failed to score. This time it's time for revenge for Los Armeros and I believe they will get it. Prediction: Eibar to win BetScorum link: https://betscorum.com/en-us/game/6610
0.00
8
1