November is almost over and in the couple of weeks that I am here now, I have not seen anything like this post yet. What I am going to do is to hold athletes of the month contests. To start, there will be three categories: Sports Lad of the Month, Sports Lady of the Month and Sports Team of the month. Each category will have nominations and there will be a voting round to determine the winners. Oh, and there will be SCR to win as well.
My idea is that November and December will be used to finetune the series. We need to have a better title, a suitable logo, as well as rules. Below you will find the ideas as they are in my mind, but I am happy to finetune the rules if some better suggestions come up.
I would like to keep it simple and catchy. Scorum athletes of the month is a pretty good title, but it does not sound good when we are including teams and/or coaches for instance. So anyone who can come up with a better name is welcome to let me know. I'll be happy to pay 5 SCR to the person who's title suggestion will be chosen.
We will keep the current logo or the time being until we have chosen a better one. We will have a logo contest as soon as the title of the awards has been chosen. As for the title, I will be happy to pay 5 SCR for the winner of that contest. Perhaps I can increase it to 10 SCR, but that will be depending on the quality of the provided logos. Depending on the popularity of the contest we could even end up having a recurring bonus.
The Rules / My ideas
As described above, the rules can be finetuned, so if you feel like you have better ideas to arrange this, then please let me know.
Every week, I will open a post in which I announce the nominations from the previous week. Note that we need to pay attention that at the end of the month, or at the beginning of the next month the nomination ends up in between the nominations for the correct month. When the last day of the month is over all the nominees are being introduced in the voting post. The one athlete/team with the most votes will win the award of that month.
Everyone can nominate one or multiple athletes or teams for the monthly contest. Every nomination will have to come with a reason why you are nominating him/her/them. Any athlete or team can be nominated only once for the same reason. If you want to nominate an already nominated person/team, for another reason, then that is possible and the reason will be added to the voting post.
Once the voting post is open, there is a possibility for everyone to let their vote count. Depending on the popularity we can decide that one vote per month is the maximum one can give. However, we might also end up giving people 5 votes per month. Someone cannot vote for someone they nominated themselves.
The winners will be the athletes or teams with the most votes. They will end up in the Scorum Athlete Hall of Fame. The winners will also be the ones who nominated the eventual award winners. For the moment I think 10 SCR for the winner of each category is a nice reward. In the case of multiple nominations (due to multiple achievements that month) the prize pool will be divided between these nominators.
Nominations done by me
I will probably end up nominating most of those who have the reason to be nominated. However, I will not be taken into consideration when payouts of rewards are to be divided. If you want to nominate an athlete make sure you nominate him/her/them before I do.
One other idea that comes to my mind would be nomination adopting. What I mean with that is, that whenever I have nominated someone, one of you could adopt that athlete on their name to increase the chance of winning. Adopting nominations should only be possible once or twice a month to give everyone equal chances.
On Saturday, I will post the first weekly nomination post in which you are encouraged to suggest your nominations for the month in the comment section. In addition to that, we could also open another nomination post for athlete of the year 2018. We can use December using the rules as they are described above, including nomination adoption. With the correct finetuning we could then have a good working format for 2019.
November is almost over and I have made a list of nominated athletes and teams already. I am sure that I have missed certain extraordinary achievements, so please feel free to nominate any achievement by a sports person or a sports team that you admired this month in the next couple of days Saturday (11:59 pm CET) including. Then Voting can start on Sunday.
Sports Lad of November 2018 Nominations
- Artur Dalaloyan (2 gold, 2 silver, 1 bronze at World Artistic Gymnastics Championships)
- Karen Khachanov (Winner Paris Tennis Masters, beating Novak Djokovic in the final)
- Mark Allen (Winner International Snooker Championship, highest break 146)
- Shi Zhiyong (3 gold + 3 world records at World Weightlifting Championships)
- Sohrab Moradi (3 gold + 3 world records at World Weightlifting Championships)
- Lasha Talakhadze (3 gold + 3 world records at World Weightlifting Championships)
- Marc Márquez (Winner Moto GP Malaysia)
- Maverick Viñales (Winner Moto GP Valencia)
- Vladimir Morozov (12 gold in Swimming World Cup Events)
- Xu Jiayu (9 gold in Swimming World Cup Events)
- Yuzuru Hanyu (2 gold in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating)
- Wu Dajing (3 gold at ISU Shorttrack World Cup)
- Alexander Bolshunov (2 gold at FIS Cross-country World Cup)
- Ryoyu Kobayashi (2 gold at FIS Ski Jumping World Cup)
- Evgeniy Klimov (Gold at FIS Ski Jumping World Cup)
- Mario Seidl (Gold at FIS Nordic Combined World Cup)
- Lewis Hamilton (Winner F1 Grand Prix Brazil and Abu Dhabi)
- Magnus Carlsen (Winner World Chess Championship)
- Alexander Zverev (Winner ATP Tennis Finals)
- Pavel Kulizhnikov (2 gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
- Tatsuya Shinhama (2 gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
- Kjeld Nuis (2 gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
- Mathieu van der Poel (2 gold at Cyclo-cross World Cup)
Sports Lady of November 2018 Nominations
- Simone Biles (4 gold, 1 silver, 1 bronze at World Artistic Gymnastics Championships)
- Sukanya Srisurat (3 gold + 3 world records at World Weightlifting Championships)
- Deng Wei (3 gold + 3 world records at World Weightlifting Championships)
- Tatiana Kashirina (3 gold + 3 world records at World Weightlifting Championships)
- Katinka Hosszu (11 gold in Swimming World Cup Events)
- Sarah Sjöström (8 gold in Swimming World Cup Events)
- Alina Zagitova (2 gold in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating)
- Rika Kihira (2 gold in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating)
- Suzanne Schulting (3 gold, 1 silver at ISU Shorttrack World Cup)
- Yulia Belorukova (Gold at FIS Cross-country World Cup)
- Therese Johaug (Gold at FIS Cross-country World Cup)
- Mikaela Shiffrin (2 gold + silver at FIS Ski World Cup)
- Federica Brignone (Gold + silver at FIS Ski World Cup)
- Ju Wenjun (Gold at Women's World Chess Championship)
- Nao Kodaira (5 gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
Sports Team of November 2018 Nominations
- Natalia Zabiiabko / Alexander Enbert (2 gold in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating)
- Alexandra Stepanova / Ivan Bukin (2 gold in ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating)
- South Korean Women's Team (Gold + silver at ISU Shorttrack World Cup relay)
- Russian Women's Team (Gold + silver at ISU Shorttrack World Cup relay)
- Hungarian Men's Team (2 gold at ISU Shorttrack World Cup relay)
- Polish Men's Team (Gold at FIS Ski Jumping World Cup)
- German Men's Team (Gold at Nordic Combined World Cup)
- Iran Men's Team (Gold at Beach Soccer International Cup)
- Australian Women's Team (Gold at ICC Women's World Twenty20 Cricket Championship)
- Japanese Women's Team (2 Gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
- Russian Men's Team (2 Gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
- Dutch Men's Team (2 Gold at Speed Skating World Cup)
- Czech Women's Team (Gold at Tennis Fed Cup)
- Croatian Men's Team (Gold at Tennis Davis Cup)
- Dutch Women's Team (Gold at Women's Hockey Champions Trophy)
Do you have any additional nominations for November 2018?