WHAT IS BIODIESEL
Biodiesel is environmentally friendly fuel obtained by a combination of vegetable oil (or animal fat), alcohol (generally methanol or ethanol) and a catalyst (NaOH or KOH). Represents biodegradable transportation fuel for use in possibility diesel engines, alone or in combination (in a certain ratio) with mineral diesel. As a result of the biodegradable composition becoming increasingly important in the petroleum industry, representing a viable alternative to non-renewable fuels from nature.
BENEFITS OF USING BIODIESEL
- Environmental Fuel
- Biodiesel is non-toxic and rapidly ragraduva . ( 80-85 % in pure water for a period of 28 days).
- It is much less polluting than mineral diesel .
- Biodiesel used in any conventional , diesel nemodifikuvana machine . No need for any previous modifications and repairs .
- Biodiesel reduces emissions of carbon dioxide , which is the primary cause of the greenhouse efekotot , up to 78 % compared to fossil diesel .
- Biodiesel reduces emissions of sulfur ( 100 % ) , carbon monoxide ( 50 % ) , aromatic hydrocarbons and burnt ( 90 % ) and particles ( 20 % ) compared to fossil diesel . With it improves air quality .
- With all earlier , reduces the risk of cancer ( cancer ) by 90 % .
- Biodiesel can be used alone , and also to mix in any proportion with fossil diesel .
- Biodiesel is far better lubricant ( lubricant ) than fossil diesel , which prolongs the lifetime of the machine . Biodiesel contains no sulfur , which makes iron canopy and therefore that there is a need of adding additives to fossil diesel .
- Biodiesel improves machine performance than diesel because it has a higher cetane number ( indicates the ignition quality of the fuel ) . Because of this and the machine runs quieter and smoother .
- Biodiesel is safer to operate than fossil diesel , because it is bio - degradable and non-toxic . Degradable as sugar and less toxic than salt to eat.
- Biodiesel is safer to transport than fossil diesel . It has a higher flash point (above 160 degrees Celsius ) of fossil diesel ( 55 degrees Celsius ) .
- Biodiesel is a renewable and sustainable source of energy and replaces the limited natural resources of oil .
- Biodiesel does not pollute the water because of its bio - degradability.
1. Why biodiesel is known as " advanced biofuel " ?
Biodiesel is a renewable fuel that reduces cycle emissions
greenhouse gas emissions by more than 50 % . Moreover , displaces fossil fuels , increases our energy security and provides support to local economies .
2. How is biodiesel produced ?
Biodiesel is produced in a process called transesterification , which separates the oil from the fat glycerin . Other products methyl ester ( biodiesel ) and glycerin , which is commonly used in soaps .
3. In what vehicles can use biodiesel ?
100 % biodiesel can be used in all vehicles produced by 2006 . Biodiesel can also be used as fuel for diesel generators for boats (boat motors), heavy equipment and can be used as home heating oil .
4. Are biodiesel creates smoke from the exhaust ?
When using biodiesel reduces emission of smoke from the exhaust . However , due to the high flash point , smoke and poor combustion can occur during cold start and disappear after a few minutes .