Competitive eating, also known as speed eating, involves consuming large quantities of food in a short period of time. It takes years of training to master this skill.
7 speed eating records
- Hotdogs: Joey Chestnut, 73 hotdogs in 10 minutes.
- Bacon: Matt Stonie, 182 slices of bacon in 5 minutes.
- Pancakes: Matt Stonie, 113 pancakes in 8 minutes.
- Hamburgers: Takeru Kobayashi, 12 hamburgers in 3 minutes.
- Chicken Nuggets: Kevin Strahle, 37 nuggets in 3 minutes.
- Grapes: Dinesh Shivnath, 205 grapes in 3 minutes.
- Olives: Ashrita Furman, 60 olives in 1 minute.
It's about time we add a competitive eating category to Scorum. Anyone who is capable of eating that much food in such a short period of time, deserves their own Scorum category.
If poker, gaming and chess are classified as sports, competitive eating is a sport too. Apparently anything that involves competition can be considered a sport.