Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
This contest is for anyone in any Scorum domain and is designed to give everyone something fun to write about every week with a guaranteed minimum upvote income that you can count on. There are always fails and goofs in sports, so even if you have nothing else to write about you can find a subject for a Happy Moan-Day blog. Although this contest does have solid prizes, it is not about winning the contest and collecting the SCR it is about writing a steady weekly blog that will provide you with a constant and steady income stream. It is also about having fun, most people enjoy a chuckle about a funny fail, how many of us can help but laugh when someone slips and falls? In sports such gaffes can provide grounds for a funny blog as long as no one was seriously injured. Upset losses seem to be the easiest targets for Moan-Day blogs followed by managers, coaches and players who were released or who have otherwise lost their jobs. While not always funny it can be easier for the victim to take when a little light-hearted ribbing is applied, especially when followed by some timely words of encouragement or advice.
So its been an interesting few days for me on Scorum. Vlad posted his blog as promised and we found out that "surprise" there has been no exit scam and the developers are furiously working away doing exactly what they said they were doing and for all of the reasons that they told us these things needed to be done. The price of SCR jumped over 50% on the news that most of the bad things that were being said about them was completely false and that the project was moving ahead as expected. The updates are coming once the centralized sports book is complete (I don't gamble but man that looked like a thing of beauty) but Vlad forgot to verify that the problem with visible rewards received in USD would also be fixed, oh how terrible of him to forget to mention something so important that it hasn't destroyed us in over a year of operation. You would think that someone with so little to do and no major problems on his mind could remember a life and death detail like that. I doubt that he could possibly have known that I had already told everyone that this item was to be taken care of in the next platform update, it's not like he told me so that I could let everyone know or anything, oh wait, yeah he did do that didn't he.
Do you know how it feels to win a big out of town game and your expecting a crowd of excited fans to welcome you home upon your return. You have in your mind cheering crowds, a band playing your teams fight song, girlfriends waiting to kiss their heroes. But then the bus pulls into town and all you see is signs like "You Stink" and some pothead yelling "You should have beat them much worse than that!" Hardly anyone cares that you won, and most people look at you with disgust shaking their heads or wagging their finger at you. Yeah, I didn't know how that felt either until the day after Vlad made his update blog post, now its Moan-Day for Pete. So this week let's make me "Pete" the focus of our "Happy Moan-Day" blogs. I'm giving 100% upvotes to blogs that detail why I should have reason to celebrate and give me some personal advice, not some famous quote, about why I shouldn't be down in the dumps and why I have a lot to look forward to.
All Happy Moan-Day Contest qualifying entries will receive a 100% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 100 SCR. I'm increasing the payout due to an increase in support, thank's to everyone who supports this contest!
1st place will receive 50 SCR
2nd place will receive 30 SCR
3rd place will receive 20 SCR
In addition we still have 80 SCR remaining from the Freaky Friday contest that was set aside to be given out as 5 SCR consolation prizes to any Happy Moan-Day entry that does not finish in the top three. This means that for as long as the Freaky SCR lasts you can't lose when you enter the Happy Moan-Day contest, every qualifying entry will be a winner!
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will upvote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links.
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 but no more than 2,000 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and upvote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
- You may enter this contest using any language, just post your blog in the native domain and provide links as stated above. Just know that I will be using a translator in order to read and judge your entry which may affect my ability to properly and fairly do so depending on the accuracy of the translator that I use
Notes on Judging the Contest
Several factors go into judging the Happy Moan-Day blogs, here are a few of them.
- The blog is unique and engaging, it keeps the readers interest.
- The blog is fun and light hearted, it leaves the reader with a smile on their face.
- The reader learns something about the subject from reading the blog.
- The advice or quotes at the end are appropriate and helpful to the subject of the blog.
- While all of the words in the blog will count toward qualification, only those words that actually add to the story are used for judging, fluff words are ignored for this part of the contest.
- Spelling and grammar are not directly judged in the contest, but readability is. If the judge can't read or make sense of the story then it is hard to judge it's quality.
Tiebreakers include how many of the other contest blogs you read and support and your overall engagement and activity on Scorum. The goal of this contest is to help support and build good blogging members that will in turn help build and grow the Scorum Platform. In a close decision the contestant that appears most active on Scorum will usually get the nod from the judge or judges. If there is nothing else to clearly set one entry apart from another, then the judge or judges will be looking for anything that the contestants have done recently to boost Scorum or help another blogger.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
What people are saying vs. Developers Reality
What I've been saying vs. My Reality
---------------------Why is it raining on my parade?
Here Are The Winners Of Last Week's Contest!
First Place and Winner of 50 SCR
Winning Entry: "Happy Moan Day - The Undisputed Champ Just Hit The Floor."
Second Place and Winner of 30 SCR
Second Place Entry: "Happy Moanday, AJ Savaged By Wilder, Adding Salt To His Injury."
Third Place and Winner of 20 SCR
Third Place Entry: "Happy Monday As AJ Lost To Seth Rollins"
*** Congratulations To This Week's Winners! ***
Thank you all for your continued support of the Happy Moan-Day Contest.