The payout for last week's Freaky Friday blog was $124.02 meaning that our winning entry for this week will receive 50% of that amount rounded up, which comes to 63 SCR.
The contest winner this week then, will receive 63 SCR!
Let's make it interesting this week with a more obscure and sometimes controversial sport. Geese or duck is my favorite wild game to hunt for, but I have never used this particular method nor have I ever tried hunting in California. You sure don't see a man standing waist deep in the water behind a blind looking out over a flock of fake geese every day, so I'm very much interested in finding out what our storytellers come up with for this Freaky Friday challenge!
The object of this game is to look at the photo above from a freaky sporting event and then tell a story about the event in your own words as if you were at the scene when it happened.
- You can become an observer
- You can become one of the participants in the event
- You can be a coach (Hunting Guide for this trip)
- You can be a referee (Game Warden in this case)
- You can be a newscaster
- You can even imagine or dream that you are there
Just tell what happened from your vantage point as if you were right there watching when it happened, or from the viewpoint of it happening to you. Make it weird, make it funny, or make it dramatic. In fact, just have fun and tell the story from what you were thinking when you saw the photo, don't worry about the facts, just make it up as you go.
- Title your blog "On Freaky Friday I _____________" fill in the blank with something to make your story unique. Post the video or photo from this contest along with a link back to this blog and a short explanation so that the readers will know what you are writing about.
- The story must be 400 words long or longer about the events and scenes in the video or photo above.
- The story must be your own work, quotes may be used with credits given but the words in a quote do not count toward the word total. Make sure that you also give credits for any photos used in your story.
- Write your story in your own blog and post a link below.
- The contest is open to anyone, but due to bad actors and scammers on Scorum, I reserve the right to disqualify or ignore any entry from someone known to be a deceiver or who is even suspected of not being genuine. Don't worry, if you have written good blogs free from plagiarism and have not tried to scam anyone then you should have nothing to be concerned about.
- The prize will be 50% of the total payout from the previous contest blog plus any donations.
- As part of the reward for entering the contest, I will give a 50% upvote to any qualifying entry plus other upvotes whenever possible.
- This contest runs from Friday to Friday so all entries must be submitted by midnight Thursday for whatever time zone that you live in.
My goal for this contest is to build up as many accounts of hard working Scorumians as possible.
The winner of last weeks contest and the writer receiving the 60 SCR prize is...
Winning Entry: "On Freaky Friday, I Saw The Game Chess For What It Really Was"
Other Entries for this week in no particular order;
@mr-sarriball "On a Freaky Friday I Took a Decision to Become a Researcher"
These entries each have received a 5 SCR consolation prize bringing the total payout for last weeks Freaky Friday contest up to 75 SCR
The average word count for the stories in this week's contest was over 1450 per story, a quick check of the leading payouts for the last week showed that these writers are some of the hardest working and most underpaid writers on Scorum. Besides their contest blogs, most of the contestants also write regular sports blogs during the week, they have all earned my respect and support. The stories this week were very diverse and I saw great imagination, a lot of wisdom, and a fair amount of storytelling skill. As always it was hard to pick a winner, but this week another gifted writer stood out and took the prize.
Thank's so much to everyone who supported this week's Freaky Friday Contest through your generous upvotes.
@Julienbh, @rights.hand, @potplucker, @scorumsport
@fullcoverbetting, @costanza, @donboy65, @bvon
@robbijg, @Devon Clements, @sportsgeek, @lawlees
@peerzadazeeshan, @stanleyasokingz, @fraste, @izge
@sportsfan7, @DK ⚡️, @Tadas, @tales
@Idunique, @kolumbus, @mateonav53, @austino
@ablaze, @cicbar, @cayelispor53, @mikey✎
@brandonk, @Hassan, @satoshi, @satriotomo
@umair, @mr-sarriball, @bamamama