Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
All qualifying entries will receive a 50% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 60 SCR.
1st place will receive 30 SCR
2nd place will receive 20 SCR
3rd place will receive 10 SCR
Sometimes I wrestle with my own imagination all day trying to come up with a good idea for a blog!
In the past, I have often felt like I was stuck in a stuck in a corner getting kicked around because no one was reading or upvoting my blogs.
Are You On the Ropes and Feeling Frustrated like that?
Are you writing good blogs but still struggling to get noticed on Scorum? Or maybe you have already had some success but you are finding it hard to find something to write about? Then this is the contest for you!
This is the place where you know that you will have one new subject every week, because we are sure to have plenty of losers and mishaps to write about, plus you are assured that your blog will get some extra views.
The Happy Moan-Day Contest
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will upvote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links.
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and upvote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
Last Week's Contest Winners Were...
First Place 25 SCR Went To
The Winning Entry: Happy Moan-day to Slavisa Jokanovic!
Second Place 15 SCR Went To
Second Place Entry: "Happy moan-day" cattagers
Third Place Goes to
Besides the contest winners, I was able to give out 3 consolation prize awards this week of 5 SCR each!
@peman85 for his entry; Happy Moanday, Thierry Henry's Nightmare Continues, Somebody Please Wake Him Up.
@austino for the entry; HAPPY MOAN-DAY, Once Again, Kovac's Bayern Munich On The Headlines For The Odd Reasons..
And @chidexxy for this entry; Happy Moanday: VAR accepted into the English premeirship
Other entries this week include
@willswilliams ''HAPPY MOAN-DAY, fc BAYERN MUNCHEN...
@mr-sarriball "Happy moanday Germany"
And my personal favorite from this week's contest @davor27's "HAPPY MOAN DAY || Cabral, what bad day!!" Unfortunately, I didn't discover until today that the entry failed to meet all of the rules and had to be disqualified from the prize awards. The reason that I liked this blog so much was that it fully captured my vision for "Happy Moan-Day" because it was one of those moments in sports where everyone just drops their heads and groans or throws their hands up in the air and yells "NOOOOOoooooooo!" Poor Gustavo Cabral suffering from something that happened too fast for him to control certainly needed a little cheering up on Monday Morning and thus was a prime example of what Happy Moan-Day is supposed to be all about!
Thank you and Happy Moan-Day @davor27 for the good laugh this week that had an unhappy ending for you. But just remember that nothing can ever be counted as a total loss or failure as long as you have learned a lesson in the process. In this case, that lesson was that you should double check to make sure that your entry will qualify!
With increasing competition in the Happy Moan-Day contest, I encourage everyone to double up on your efforts. Pay attention to details and know that the judges will be forced to narrow down entries somehow, so even the smallest thing could make the difference between winning the contest or getting to enjoy your very own Moan-Day!
Many Thanks To Everyone Who Supports Happy Moan-Day!