I believe that Scorum Bet is a huge success so far. I have tried way too many betting platforms in my life, and I can tell you that Scorum Bet has one of the best interfaces. It looks beautiful, works smoothly, and I must say that developers did a great job.
Of course, my opinion might be based on the fact that I have won most of my bets so far:
So, here are the few things I love on Scorum Bet:
- It is fairly easy to navigate and the loading time of the website is really fast. It might not look important, but when you have to check dozens of games, it adds up.
- The interface is amazing. Everything looks modern, and that is one thing I missed on most of the crypto-based websites. It's good to see that developers don't forget that regular users don't care about the technology behind everything. All they want to see is a breathtaking product. I still think that platforms like Steemit fail to adapt because of their poor interface (any many other factors, of course). Good to see that Scorum does not repeat the same mistake.
- It's good to see that Scorum Bet has a tab for your own bets history. I would still love to see it improved a little (they could have various filters like dates, games, outcomes and so on) but it's a good start. The only thing I miss badly is that they would show your final profit/loss for the selected period. That would save a lot of time for many people.
- It's good that we have live bets already. That shows that we are progressing far faster than I expected. However, as someone pointed out already, those live bets never attract any action still so they should have a separate tab so people wouldn't think that no one is using the platform. Even if live bets were lively, I still think that they should be separated from pre-match bets. That's how it's done on all other betting platforms and people are used to that.
- I also like the fact that I have won my first few bets and made 150 SCR profit. That reminds me of bankroll management, though. It doesn't make sense that I went 2.5x up in 2 days. I am doomed to fail if I continue doing that. However, there is no time for bankroll management at the moment - we need to bet as much as possible to get things going.
- I love the fact that there are a lot of active bettors already. I already saw someone placing a 60k bet on the platform. It did not get matched, of course, but I am positive that more and more people will join when they see that there is enough liquidity to actually make some good bets. Also, SBC guys are doing a lot for the betting platform, offering decent odds and encouraging people to use Scorum Bet.
- I am impressed by the Scorum community as well. A lot of users are creating new initiatives to encourage newcomers. Also, people don't try to scam others and make some easy money. Of course, in the end, for me to win, someone on here will have to lose. However, I rather lose than win by cheating. I want others to know what they are doing. After all, betting is not easy and it might also become a huge addiction if you let it overtake you. None of us (I hope) want others to lose their savings. That is a very huge difference compared to other betting companies, which functions to destroy gamblers.
- The fact that it will be possible to deposit FIAT straight to your Scorum Bet account might become a game-changer. I love that.
There are, of course, many more wonderful things about Scorum Bet but I also want to talk about some things that could be improved. Also, I have some suggestions which might come in handy sometime:
- When placing a bet with extremely odd odds (150 instead of 1.5 or something like that), there should be some safety mechanism which identifies strange odds and let you know about it. There will be a lot of human mistakes in the future so it would be nice to avoid them as fast as possible. Otherwise, those who misclicked might start blaming the platform (that's human nature). That is always a problem in places where humans are allowed to make input mistakes.
- It would be nice to have something like "Compare the odds" tab, which would show odds from the bookies all over the world. This would make newbies lives much easier. Also, I don't know any reasonable site which gives you all the correct odds around the world, so this tab alone might attract some new users/bettors.
- Betting can destroy lives so there should and must be some information about gambling on Scorum Bet. Also, when someone is starting to lose too much or too fast, Scorum Bet should send some message like "do you really want to hurt
meyourself?" Of course, I mean it. I will be writing a lot about it in the future because I think that betting companies must be socially responsible. Of course, it's everyone's choice to destroy their lives, but we, as a community, should be emphatic and try to avoid crippling lives. Also, a socially responsible betting company would attract way more low/mid level users.
- Of course, we need more leagues/games/sports introduced. But I guess everyone knows that already, and it is only a matter of time.
- It would be nice to have an option to display your name when placing a bet so people could see who are they going against. Also, it would be cool if there was some leaderboard with prizes for the best (and maybe worse) bettors. It doesn't cost much, but it surely creates a lot of hype and interaction. Of course, I understand that betting is one of those things that many people want to keep anonymous so this leaderboard and displaying name thing could be optional.
- We need to be able to favorite games and have a separate tab for our favorited games. That would save a lot of time for everyone. Instead of scrolling through all the matches, you could just go to your favorites and see the games you are interested in.
- Allowing FIAT withdrawals should be one of the priorities, imo. Many people who don't want to get into crypto might refuse to use Scorum just because they know that they wouldn't be able to cash out easily. FIAT withdrawals straight to your debit/credit card would fix that problem
I hope that I am not the only who is enjoying Scorum Bet so far. How did you guys like it? Do you have any suggestions or observations?