Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
This contest is for anyone in any Scorum domain and is designed to give everyone something fun to write about every week with a guaranteed minimum upvote income that you can count on. There are always fails and goofs in sports, so even if you have nothing else to write about you can find a subject for a Happy Moan-Day blog. Although this contest does have solid prizes, it is not about winning the contest and collecting the SCR it is about writing a steady weekly blog that will provide you with a constant and steady income stream. It is also about having fun, most people enjoy a chuckle about a funny fail, how many of us can help but laugh when someone slips and falls? In sports such gaffes can provide grounds for a funny blog as long as no one was seriously injured. Upset losses seem to be the easiest targets for Moan-Day blogs followed by managers, coaches and players who were released or who have otherwise lost their jobs. While not always funny it can be easier for the victim to take when a little light-hearted ribbing is applied, especially when followed by some timely words of encouragement or advice.
I think of current blockchain adopters and Scorum members as cheaters in a way, we are sort-of like the runner in the photo above that got off to a false start while waiting on the race to begin. Only, in our case, the race actually started but we were the only runners primed and ready when the starting gun fired. This means that we are way out in front of the pack, so far ahead in fact that it appears to us that we are running the race all alone. This is not the time to slack off though, we should use every moment to pad our lead and distance ourselves from the others who might be much faster and more athletic than we are.
As a Scorum account holder I would love to build a position in SP so strong that only the deepest pockets buying SCR on the open market would be rich enough to catch me. I'm not saying this because I'm arrogant or because I want to hold my Scorum Power over others and force them to bend to my will. What I want is to ensure that some big shots don't come into Scorum with tons of investment capital and that haven't done any of the work over the last couple of years and then they start trying to dictate to us, the founding members. I believe that it is only a matter of time before some power and control freaks find out about the huge potential profits that are possible using, and perhaps abusing, the Scorum economic model and when they get here I want to be ready for them.
I know that I will never have another chance to make sure that I always have a say in what happens on Scorum. It looks like Scorum is going to survive the bear market which means that soon I will no longer be able to afford to purchase a lot of SCR off of the exchanges with my level of income. This has certainly been a long and trying couple of years on Scorum and it may not be over yet, but I hope that in the end we look back on this time as one of the greatest opportunities that we were ever blessed to be a part of.
All Happy Moan-Day Contest qualifying entries will receive a minimum of a 35% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 100 SCR!
1st place will receive 50 SCR
2nd place will receive 30 SCR
3rd place will receive 20 SCR
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will upvote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links.
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 but no more than 2,000 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and upvote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
- You may enter this contest using any language, just post your blog in the native domain and provide links as stated above. Just know that I will be using a translator in order to read and judge your entry which may affect my ability to properly and fairly do so depending on the accuracy of the translator that I use.
Notes on Judging the Contest
Several factors go into judging the Happy Moan-Day blogs, here are a few of them.
- The blog is unique and engaging, it keeps the readers interest.
- The blog is fun and light hearted, it leaves the reader with a smile on their face.
- The reader learns something about the subject from reading the blog.
- The advice or quotes at the end are appropriate and helpful to the subject of the blog.
- While all of the words in the blog will count toward qualification, only those words that actually add to the story are used for judging, fluff words are ignored for this part of the contest.
- Spelling and grammar are not directly judged in the contest, but readability is. If the judge can't read or make sense of the story then it is hard to judge it's quality.
Tiebreakers include how many of the other contest blogs you read and support and your overall engagement and activity on Scorum. The goal of this contest is to help support and build good blogging members that will in turn help build and grow the Scorum Platform. In a close decision the contestant that appears most active on Scorum will usually get the nod from the judge or judges. If there is nothing else to clearly set one entry apart from another, then the judge or judges will be looking for anything that the contestants have done recently to boost Scorum or help another blogger.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
Winners Of Last Week's Happy Moan-Day Contest
First Place and Winner of 120 SCR
(100 SCR for 1st place and a 20 SCR share of the 3rd place prize)
Winning Entry: "Happy Moan day Villa, The Citizens Are Too Good To Hold"
Second Place and Winner of 80 SCR
(60 SCR for 2nd place and a 20 SCR share of the 3rd place prize.)
Second Place Entry: "Happy Moan Day - Leicester Gets The Bitter Taste Of Revenge"