Here anyone can nominate Who you think is the most broken-hearted member of the sports world for last week, and then try to cheer them up or give them some advice.
I'm sorry the Happy Moan-Day blog was delayed by a day but I had to go out of town on a family emergency and I was not able to read and judge the entries, much less write the blog on Monday. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
Happy Moan-Day to this surfer on what looks like an early morning adventure on a cold lonely beach in some remote place.
All Happy Moan-Day Contest qualifying entries will receive a 50% upvote from me and there will be 3 winners for the contest with prizes totaling 60 SCR.
1st place will receive 30 SCR
2nd place will receive 20 SCR
3rd place will receive 10 SCR
Are you lost on Scorum and trying to find a good story?
Or are you writing good blogs but still struggling to get noticed on Scorum?
Maybe you have already had some success but you are finding it hard to find something else to write about?
Then this is the contest for you!
This is the place where you know that you will have one new subject every week, because we are sure to have plenty of losers and mishaps to write about, plus you are assured that your blog will get some extra views.
The Happy Moan-Day Contest
(This contest is all about Sports Losers, Fails, Muffs, Falls, Goofs, or anything else that would make a player, coach, fans or spectators moan and groan. It is meant to be funny and light-hearted so please, no post that would cause us to mourn like fatalities, or serious injuries, diseases or any other true personal tragedies. This is meant to be in fun, there are always funny fails that happen and there are losers that need to be cheered up. This is simply a way to cheer up all of those losers of the week who are trying to pull themselves back together again for the next competition.)
- The power of this competition is in recognition, by entering a blog in this contest you are sure to have some readers checking it out. I will upvote every qualifying blog as soon as I see the link posted below so that it gets bumped up on the trending pages. My hope is that readers will soon begin to recognize the blog title and make it a practice to support the entries. To enter this contest you must write and publish your own blog with the Title "Happy Moan-day ______________!" Fill in the blank with the name of a person, group, place, or team. This must be concerning something that has happened during the previous week prior to the contest blogs posting. So this current contest is for sports-related items that have happened between last Monday a week ago and yesterday, Midnight Sunday.
- Next include a photo, meme, short video clip, a screenshot or something similar that best represents the subject that you used to fill in the title blank. Make sure that you have usage rights and provide any necessary links.
- Now you need to write a blog of at least 450 words to describe what happened and who was involved, as well as the reason that you are nominating them for moaners of the week.
- Provide a link back to this blog somewhere in your Moanful Monday Blog.
- Last you must say something at the end, one final quote or comment that is meant to cheer up or encourage the subject of your blog. This could be something simple like "C'est la vie," or a quote from a famous author or poet, a proverb or religious text, or best of all your very own words of wisdom or consolation. You are welcome to have your own signature encouraging comment and use it on all of your Moan-day blogs, or give a different comment or quote every week that best fits the situation.
- Once your Moanful Monday blog has been posted then leave a link to it in the comment section below so that I will know that you have entered the contest and I can then visit and upvote your blog.
- Your blog can be posted at any time before midnight Sunday night where you live, but the content must be from the previous weeks sporting events.
Everyone is encouraged to read and support as many of the Moanful Monday blogs as possible during the week. I will try to get these blog posts out early every Monday so that you can begin posting your blogs. I encourage you to write about an event that happens during the week and save it as a draft so that you will be ready to post it on Monday as soon as the new contest blog has been added.
The Winners Of Last Week's Contest Are...
30 SCR First Place Winner
This was not the most unique Moan-Day blog this week but @kolumbus showed great effort and detail that just barely edged out the 2nd place entry.
Winning Entry: "Happy Moan-Day, a Letter to Thierry Henry"
The 20 SCR Second Place Winner is
This was a great entry which I very much enjoyed and it too showed a lot of effort and detail making judging this week's winner very difficult. @sport-frei is rapidly becoming known as one of the best writers on Scorum.
Second Place Entry: "Happy Moan-Day "Yokohama FC" - All in and All gone!"
Third Place 10 SCR winner is
This entry was actually my favorite read and it was the most unique entry for this week. Also, @penman85 was very supportive reading and commenting on several of the other entries. It was for these reasons that he edged out several other worthy contenders for this third place spot.
Third Place Entry: "Happy Moanday, Fury Moan Over Draw Call Against Wilder"